John is a Senior Advisor with Principal Associates, specializing in industrial real estate sales, leasing, build to suit, tenant and landlord representation throughout metropolitan Detroit and across the United States. An industry veteran of more than 24 years, he has completed hundreds of transactions and representation assignments in the Macomb and Oakland County markets. However, John's primary focus is satisfying his clients, wherever their requirements take him - including China. This focus has enabled him to develop strong long-term business relationships throughout the region.
Before joining Principal Associates in 2012, John spent eleven years as Vice President with Grubb & Ellis Company following eleven years as a Vice President at Colliers International. His experience has allowed him to develop unique knowledge of industrial processes and requirements, including manufacturing processes, bulk warehouse / distribution, automotive supplier requirements, fire sprinkler density, cranes, docks, zoning, heavy industrial uses, outside storage, rail requirements, waterway freighter docking facilities, and more.
- Composites One – Global Tenant Representation. Average 7 lease renewals/year, closed over 10 leases since incision of exclusive representation, including:
- Santa Fe, CA tenant rep lease renewal 75,000 sq. ft.
- Monessen, PA tenant rep lease renewal 30,000 sq. ft.
- Nashville, TN tenant rep lease renewal 30,000 sq. ft.
- Seattle, WA tenant rep lease renewal 30,000 sq. ft.
- Dayton, OH tenant rep lease renewal 27,000 sq. ft.
- Troy, WI tenant rep lease renewal 15,000 sq. ft.
- Grupo Antolin – tenant rep assignment 165,000 sq. ft. 10/1/2011
- China Automotive – buyer rep assignment acquisition 20,000 sq. ft. 7/1/2012
- MST Steel - buyer rep assignment acquisition 139,000 sq. ft. 1/1/2012
- Ashley Capital – acquisition 285,000 sq. ft. 3/29/2012
- Grand Rapids Controls - tenant rep assignment, China 50,000 sq. ft. lease 5/1/2011
- Global Logistics Distribution - tenant rep assignment Troy, MI 118,000 sq. ft. lease 10/1/2011
- Sturdy Grinding – Buyer rep assignment New Haven, MI 35,000 sq. ft. 8/1/2012